    available on this mainboard. Is it possible to perform a floppy install
    of the RAID driver (F6) and select a different HAL (F5) during this
    build process?

    WALSTIB, Dec 27, 2006

  2. WALSTIB

    WALSTIB Guest

    Let me elaborate a little more:
    MPS Multiprocessor PC HAL is being installed during Windows XP SP2
    build with an E6700 Conroe CPU. I am doing an F6 to install the RAID
    driver to support a RAID 0 Stripe set on a pair of WD 10K RPM 74GB
    drives. This is invariably not enabling the APM / ACPI functions
    available on this mainboard and results in having to power off the
    computer manually. Is it possible to perform a floppy install of the

    WALSTIB, Dec 27, 2006

  3. WALSTIB

    Philburg2 Guest

    I don't see how raid should affect acpi which is set in the BIOS. although
    I'm not up to speed on this HAL feature u speak of. Honestly my xp install
    on a MP went just like normal, I don't see the problem here.

    Philburg2, Dec 28, 2006