    im looking at these cards on price watch hoping to spend around 150- 200
    (US)
    thanks for any advice

    I just play music, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Can`t do much with a 9600XT but the 9800SE can sometimes be modded into a
    9800 non pro & perhaps overclocked to pro but its not a dead cert -
    performance wise the 9600 Pro is probably about the same as a 9800SE - I
    would go with 9800SE if its the same price as a 9600XT and mod it if
    possible.

    The "real" 9800 non pro starts at $ 250 on pricewatch
    http://www.ocfaq.com/softmod/faq.php

    Nick Le Lievre, Jan 13, 2004