    vpu recover(which crashes my machine aswell come to think of it) temp
    is 72. I have a p4 3.2, 1gig ram.

    Do I have a duff card or did I waste £300?

    Dubbleya, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Dubbleya

    [Q4O]Gizmo Guest

    In
    --

    Do you overclock it? If so changed it back to default.

    Kees

    http://www.cvanvliet.nl

    [Q4O]Gizmo, Aug 13, 2004

  3. (Dubbleya) wrote in

    Same problem here.... mostly it's just flickering specks, but sometimes
    have strange artifacts that start from land vehicles and go way up into the
    air... and it's just Battlefield Vietnam...

    Alan Whitenton, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Dubbleya

    Dubbleya Guest

    Dubbleya, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Dubbleya

    Dubbleya Guest

    At least it's good to know that I am not allone,thanks. I also get
    blocks of pixels flickering in Doom3. I don't overclock my card and I
    haven't tried 4.8 or 4.9 beta yet.

    Dubbleya, Aug 17, 2004
  6. Dubbleya

    Dubbleya Guest

    At least it's good to know that I am not alone,thanks. I also get

    Dubbleya, Aug 17, 2004

  10. Make certain the power connector into your ATI video card is not split to
    another device. Go directly from the power supply to the video card with no
    splits.

    Enormous Genitals, Aug 17, 2004
  11. Not only I've done that, but I went from a 300watt supply to a 400watt
    supply and no difference. Use the latest drivers and even tried the omega
    drivers. Nothing... still flickers. Not too bad, but a little annoying.
    It's the only game that I have installed that does this.

    Alan Whitenton, Aug 18, 2004
  12. Dubbleya

    Ralph Birden Guest

    It has to do with Anti-Aliasing and/or Anisotropic settings. Try disabling
    Anisotropic in the Configuration Panel, and those flickering should go away.
    BFv is known to have that problem with ATI Radeons

    Ralph Birden

    Ralph Birden, Aug 19, 2004
  13. Dubbleya

    milkfilk Guest

    triple posting. bah. that's not what I mean to reply to...

    I too have this white/red speck thing in doom3. 9800xt on a 4x AGP
    motherboard. Essentially a moderately older system with an ATI
    branded 9800xt upgrade.

    I've overclocked, underclocked my system memory, the ATI card itself
    and I didn't find any help until I downloaded 4.9. It fixed it so
    perfectly that I was confident that was the problem.

    Well, after putting the game down for 2 weeks (vacation)..it's back.
    Reinstalled 4.9 beta drivers again. No help. Underclocked my card's
    memory using ATITool by about 50mhz and that didn't do it either.

    Underclocked memory by 200mhz and that caused really funny bands and
    crap. I had to power off. So the adventure continues.

    milkfilk, Aug 26, 2004
  14. Same here, I think I have it beat and the next time I play it's back.

    (milkfilk) wrote in

    Alan Whitenton, Aug 26, 2004
  15. I find 4.6 cats the better more stable driver . I tried 4.7's dont like them
    much . I went from 4.6 and then 4.7s to many problems staying with 4.8.

    wired and confused, Aug 27, 2004