    I'm syked that i may have converted my SE into a normal 9800. How can i
    verify?

    HC

    Hervey Cleckley, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Hervey Cleckley

    Kai Robinson Guest

    On my 9500 (also softmodded) ATITool shows massive errors at 340/620 - but
    do i see these errors in Quake III? Nope. Do i see any artefacts in any
    games? Nope. Can i play Max Payne II with all the detail cranked up and not
    have it crash? Yep.

    AtiTool is good for overclocking and to an extent giving you a warning when
    things are getting a little unstable - but dont pay too much attention to
    the 3d view. As long as you dont get artefacting in games - you should be
    okay.

    Kai Robinson, Apr 21, 2004

  3. We all rely too much on software rather than our eyes. Knowing frame
    rate, clock speeds etc. is a useful tool but the final judgement is to
    look. If it looks alright then it is.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives

    Julian Richards, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Hervey Cleckley

    Dodgy Guest

    Well said...

    I unlocked my 9800se and have no idea if there are massive errors or
    not... All I know is Battlefield looks great!

    D0d6y.

    Dodgy, Apr 21, 2004