    if there was any advice you could offer me? I'm installing it this weekend,
    so any useful hints or tips would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Vormulac, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Vormulac

    redTed Guest

    Completely uninstall any previous Nvidia graphic drivers using Add/Remove.
    I use a good registry tool like jv16 Power Tools( http://www.jv16.org/ ) to
    do a thorough search for any Nvidia related files.. Careful if you have
    nForce or something..you could easily delete files that are necessary.
    I believe there are specific tols for cleaning out old drivers. I'm sure
    somebody will provide a link to those utils.

    After that it's just a case of correctly inserting the new card..connecting
    the power to a spare molex connector...booting up and installing the lates
    ATI Catalyst drivers.
    Good luck.

    redTed, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Vormulac

    Darthy Guest

    REmove Nvidia drivers...

    How much was it? The X800Pro cost less and easily faster...

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    Darthy, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Vormulac

    Vormulac Guest

    Thanks to you both for your help - I shall scour my HDD for nVidia drivers
    first!

    As to your question, my 9800XT cost me £200, the cheapest X800Pro I could
    find being £275 + P&P!

    Vormulac, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Vormulac

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Not to forget that the X800Pro are JUST drippling in in small numbers...

    And the 9800XT is already months of market and available :)

    Dark Avenger, Jul 9, 2004