    temperature. However after booting mine always says 'FF'

    Many thanks in advance.

    Jdees

    jdees, Jan 18, 2004

  2. jdees

    gary cooper Guest

    Hi you have to run the Apogee program to get the LED to display the temp
    after windows has loaded. As for your other probs with the remote I've no
    idea ..

    gary cooper, Jan 18, 2004

  3. jdees

    jdees Guest

    Thanks :)

    That worked perfectly.

    Now I only need to get the remote working . . .

    Jdees.

    jdees, Jan 18, 2004
  4. jdees

    Lazarus Guest

    what probs was he having...I cant see the original post and you didnt leave
    a copy of it!

    Lazarus, Jan 29, 2004
  5. jdees

    jdees Guest

    Hi,

    I have pasted a copy of my original post below, question 2 is sorted, but I
    haven't had any joy with question 1.

    --------------

    I have just purchased a 9CJS and have a couple of question I was hoping
    someone could help me with.

    1) The buttons on the remote don't do what they say! E.g. if I press the
    'WinDVD' button WIndows Help appears.

    2) Per the manual the LCD display on the Cbox is meant to display the CPU

    jdees, Jan 30, 2004
  6. jdees

    Lazarus Guest

    Sorry mate I have no idea because the win dvd button DID work correctly with
    me?

    My remote died while using it so I am waiting for a replacement from
    chaintech!

    Lazarus, Jan 30, 2004
  7. jdees

    jdees Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    Did all the other buttons work too, e.g. 'WWW' and 'email', because they
    don't work for me.

    Did you have any software installed for the remote? On my PC it's installed
    as a USB HID device.

    jdees, Jan 30, 2004
  8. jdees

    Lazarus Guest

    I first loaded up onto a win98se setup and I installed the 6 in 1 drivers
    On xp it tells you no drivers needed

    USB Composite must be listed under USB devices.

    All the butttons did work except power on but thats down to my PSU not
    outputting 5v in standby apparently!

    Chaintech support are pretty quick to answer try them!

    Lazarus, Jan 30, 2004
  9. jdees

    jdees Guest

    Ok, I'm running XP.
    Yep, that shows up under device manager.
    The mouse and number pad buttons work fine for me, its just the buttons that
    have special function that don't work.
    I did, a copy of their reply is below:

    ------

    "Key mappings" are not possible with the remote. Ensure that you do not have
    a keyboard which duplicates the functions of the remote as they tend to
    conflict with one another.

    --------

    I am using a microsoft multimedia keyboard, so I imagine that must be the
    problem?

    jdees.

    jdees, Jan 31, 2004
  10. jdees

    Lazarus Guest

    YES it will be.....can you remove the driver for the mutimedia kb?

    If you can I bet it cures it!

    Lazarus, Jan 31, 2004
  11. jdees

    jdees Guest

    I could, but I would rather have the multimedia buttons on the keyboard
    working.

    Pity they both won't work at the same time :(

    Thanks for your help though,

    jdees.

    jdees, Feb 1, 2004