    Will this power supply work with the laptop? Can I expect any problems?

    Regards,
    Evert

    Evert, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Evert

    Chris Hill Guest

    Batteries won't likely charge and something could possibly fry. I
    think I'd just buy the right supply.

    Chris Hill, Nov 29, 2005

  3. The power supply is "too small" based on the rating, but may well work
    anyway. How lucky do you feel today? The chances of doing any damage
    to the laptop are relatively small (however, they are not zero). The
    chances of doing damage to the power supply are somewhat greater. If
    you do elect to proceed, monitor how hot the power supply gets.

    VA = watts for DC (which this is). For AC, however, VA may be
    [considerably] different than watts. For AC the relationship is complex
    and difficult to explain to a non-engineer.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 30, 2005