    Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there a way to alleviate it?

    I think this started with 5.9 and has continued into 5.10.

    Thanks.

    Admiral Captain, Oct 26, 2005

  2. You card might be borked. My 9800 started getting corrupted icons then
    red dots everywhere. I would open up your case and keep the card as cool
    as possible to get a few more weeks/months out of it.

    JEBEDIAH DUPREE, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Admiral Captain

    Sleepy Guest

    The latest drivers from 5.6 onwards do run cards hotter according to many
    ppl. On a 9xxx card I reckon you're better off sticking with either the 4.12
    or 5.1s Whats the point in getting an extra frame or 2 if you knock year or
    two off the lifespan of the card?

    Sleepy, Oct 26, 2005