    types of machines. With any luck, a healthy debate will start up..

    Regards

    Tony

    ajkrishock, Jul 8, 2003

  2. ajkrishock

    Chris Guest

    Tom's Hardware Guide have had several articles comparing the various
    chipsets and memory types. Try these two for starters:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20030417/index.html

    http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20030303/index.html

    Ultimately nForce2 is the one to get, it seems.

    Chris.

    Chris, Jul 8, 2003

  3. ajkrishock

    minus200 Guest

    not a difficult choice - nForce2 chipset is simply better

    depending on which processor you choose - faster is also better but
    sometimes it does not produce better results. With the dual memory
    controller on the nForce chipset it is better to run the RAM in sync (at
    the same front bus speed) as your CPU. That is provided you have two RAM
    sticks of the same type. To take advantage of the dual memory
    controller, it is better to have 2 256mb sticks rather than one 512mb
    stick. If you plan to overclock then get the faster RAM but buy two or
    you lose some of the advantage of the board. I recently had a KT400
    chipset board but find the Abit NF7-S a better MB although I chose this
    board because it had the features that I wanted. Most of the nForce2
    boards are very close so my advise is to buy the board with the features
    that you want and tend to the cheaper price. If you plan to overclock
    the board then I would suggest ABIT - EPOX or ASUS and a good sleeper
    would be Soltek (not well know but a good board)

    good luck

    minus200, Jul 8, 2003