    3) Does a BF6 suffer from bad caps or have any other bad traits
    4) Same question as #3 for a VA6.

    All information will be greatly appreciated.

    Cooter, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Cooter

    ugg Guest

    If I remember correctly although both boards are bx440 boards, the BX6 is
    not as stable and good a overclockin' board as Rev2. However, it should
    handle 750Mhz (Slot 1 / 100Mhz .....right?), although last bios I believe
    stops at 600Mhz. I have a Rev2 board that has been used daily for over 4
    years now in hot dry Arizona, so no bad caps there. This board now has a
    P3/700 but the board will easily allow a Gig at 100 or 133Mhz.

    ugg

    ugg, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Cooter

    minus200 Guest

    i may have a few one slot boards around here if you want one for $1 plus
    shipping cost. no documentation with them

    minus200, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Cooter

    Cooter Guest

    What kind of boards do you have? I'm looking for one that will
    support a P3-750mhz cpu.

    Cooter, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Cooter

    Cooter Guest

    Yes, it is Slot 1/100mhz. Do I understand correctly that although the
    last BIOS stops at 600mhz, the board will handle a 750mhz-P3? I'm a
    little confused on this point. BTW... overclocking isn't a big issue
    with me. Am I correct in thinking the board is stable if not
    overclocked? I would of course prefer the Rev.2 but I can't find one,
    only the original BX6. My wife has my old Rev.2 with a 900mhz celeron
    (not O/C'd) and it's steady as a rock.

    Cooter, Aug 24, 2003
  6. Cooter

    Salvatore Guest

    I have installed a p3 850 on a BX6 V1 (actually a celeron 566 running at
    850) and the same with V2. V2 is a better choice. Both can go higher.
    V2 better to OC to 133Mhz if you are concerned, but will not like too many
    DIMMs at that speed. One usually, in the first slot.

    Stay away from BF6s unless they have been re-capped. Great board though,
    just recapping my pair.

    I sometimes have these boards FS. Check if you like.

    Salvatore, Aug 24, 2003
  7. Cooter

    jmc Guest

    You can put a 1100 (max) coppermine if you use an Abit Slotket lll or
    similar adapter or a 1.4 (max) tualatin if you use the slot-t or power leap
    adapter. I presently have a BX6R2 with WinXP with the Tualatin 1.4 and
    running very stable. Using the Slot-T adapter.

    jmc, Aug 24, 2003
  8. Cooter

    Cooter Guest

    Thanks for the info. That sounds like good news for me. OCing isn't
    all that important to me so it sounds like the V1 board may well work
    for me.

    Cooter, Aug 24, 2003
  9. Cooter

    minus200 Guest

    i think one is an Abit but I need to take it out and look

    minus200, Aug 25, 2003