A major problem with my HP Pavillion 304w

Discussion in 'HP' started by atomofish, Jan 6, 2007.

1. atomofish

atomofish

Hi, I came to these boards because I have a problem with my HP Pavillion 304w computer.. For awhile, I haven't been able to use my CD Drive. Technically, it still works (works as in open and close) but it won't read any of my CD's. The main problem is because the D: Drive has somehow been turned into a Drive space called RECOVERY. Don't ask me how this happened because I don't have a clue.:confused: I've tried numerous things, such as using another Internal CD Drive. (I get the exact same results) Loading and updating the drivers for the CD Drive. (Still nothing. It says they are either corrupted or missing) And I'm almost at a loss at what to do. Right now, I'm considering the following options.....

1. Do a destructive recovery (I've already backed up my stuff) and pray that the CD Drive reverts to what it originally was. (By the way, how DO you do a destructive recovery on this system?)

2. Buy an External CD Drive to hook up through my USB outlet.

3. Buy a new hard drive.:(

If anyone can share some advice or knowlege, I'd be grateful.

atomofish, Jan 6, 2007
Ask a Question