    When I plug the new card in the onboard vga gets disabled. I have no idea how to re-enable it, or how to force it to come back on so I can have a dual-monitor party.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks

    sunnyjpop, Nov 5, 2006
  2. sunnyjpop

    solidheat

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2006
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    hey, first how olds the motherboard, if it is fearly old i guess there would be no support for extra running an extra VGA which in your case is your AGP card as it may cause conflict. If this is not the problem you might want to check out ur bios, see if your onboard is activated or 'on' if it is it may just be software conflict between your onboard and your AGP and if thats the problem well then...? also does your agp have two vga inputs? if not and you have some spare cash sell your agp card and buy one which has 2 vga inputs and voila! theres your dual monitors! and on the positive on that at least you wont have your onboard vga eating up ur cpu load time.
    hope that helps...

    Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
    solidheat, Nov 5, 2006