    and other hardware details,please can some one guide me to a hardware
    mannual and not the assembly code mannual(the instruction set ).
    Thanks in advance

    rahul18cracker, Jun 16, 2007

  2. On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:10:27 -0700, in comp.arch.embedded
    Is this any help?
    http://8052.com/tut8051.phtml

    martin

    martin griffith, Jun 16, 2007

  3. rahul18cracker

    Thad Smith Guest

    Google: Atmel 89C51 data sheet

    gives good results.

    Thad Smith, Jun 16, 2007
  4. You will need at least 3 docs from the Atmel web site :

    The Chip data sheet youo probably already have.

    On here
    http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/other_docs.asp?family_id=604

    are more Docs, browse them all, and in particular

    8051 Microcontroller Instruction Set (50 pages, revision C, updated 07/06)
    8051 Microcontrollers Hardware Manual (113 pages, revision E, updated
    01/07)

    -jg

    Jim Granville, Jun 17, 2007
  5. If you want to study 8051s well,practice is the most important!

    John Huntington, Jun 18, 2007
  6. rahul18cracker

    Chris Hills Guest

    Actually the use of a search engine and a library index are usually the
    best first steps. (It used to be called research)

    Chris Hills, Jun 18, 2007
  7. rahul18cracker

    Gary Guest

    What you want is possibly the MCS-51 Architectural Overview from the
    Intel Embedded Controller Handbook, Volume 1, 8-bit.

    Search for Eight-Bit Embedded Controllers Handbook on Amazon ($4.98 and
    up) or
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/1555120482...iveASIN=1555120482&adid=0Q9CCBM00GHZ72HVZVZN&

    The same basic info is also available in the IC20 from Phillips.

    See the Phillips IC20 for $25/set at
    http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/techbooks.html#catalog

    or if you just want a PDF-

    http://www.ce.cctpu.edu.ru/msclub/LITERATU/i386/270251.pdf

    http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/microcontrollers/pdfs/high_speed_micro_user_guide.pdf

    I DID find all of these using google and/or 8051.com...

    Gary

    Gary, Jun 19, 2007