    Again......Happy New Year to all.

    Bill

    , Jan 1, 2005

  2. Ben Myers Guest

    The motherboard is maxed out. A PCI graphics card with more memory may help
    some. But the real bottleneck is the 56K modem. If you can get DSL or cable
    internet service in your neighborhood, you'll see a real improvement. A PCI
    hardware modem (US Robotics for example) might help a bit, but we're not talking
    orders of magnitude speedup... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 1, 2005

  3. mdp Guest

    An IDE 100/133 controller card with a faster drive would be noticeable if
    you're using a HD that's as old as your PB. But as Ben suggests, since you
    want to surf faster a faster internet connection is the way to go.

    mdp, Jan 1, 2005
  4. lt_wentoncha Guest

    Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay for the Mr BIOS and
    powerleap setup? Thanks.

    lt_wentoncha, Jan 3, 2005