A "slight" problem with 8KRAi's CPU Clock settings

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Sorgemus, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Sorgemus

    Sorgemus Guest

    Hiya,

    I try to make this as short as possible :)

    As you can see, I'm using 8KRAi motherboard and AMD Athlon XP 2400+ as
    my processor and I have the following problem with the system setup:

    Earlier today, when I was configuring my system for the very first
    time I noticed that my motherboard recognized my processor as a
    Athlon XP 1500+ (or something like that, can't remember accurately) I
    took a look at the PowerBIOS settings which hold the configuration to
    the FSB and CPU Clock settings, and I noticed that the multiplier was
    configured as "Auto" or similar and the system bus was operating only
    at 100 MHz. So I came into the following conclusion: as the CPU:s
    operating frequency is supposed to be 2.0 GHz I changed the
    multiplier to 10x and the system bus to 200 MHz. (10 x 200 = 2000
    aight?) After that my system wasn't bootable. The manual stated that
    if a problem occurred due false overclocking configuration (which
    mine apparently was?) the screen goes blank and can be returned to a
    initial configuration by instantly pressing Insert. Unfortunately I
    didn't have that part of the manual open at that moment and when the
    screen just went blank I rebooted. The question is that should I have
    pressed Insert at the very moment that the screen went blank? Is
    there anything to do to revive my system back to life?

    Thanks in advance :)

    ==============

    Sorgemus, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Sorgemus

    Steven K Guest

    Set the FSB to 133(266) and leave multiplier to Auto - then it should work!

    The manual stated that
    Keep Insert pressed while switching the system on - you are not returning to
    the initial config but kinda Safe bios settings as far as I know. In other
    words you have to config the whole bios back to Normal settings. In case the
    Insert key does not work as expected u can remove or "short" the batterie
    (see manual) which has the same effect (resetting the bios).

    hth

    Steve

    Steven K, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Sorgemus

    EPoX Tech Guest

    Hi

    Power off.
    Press and hold insert then apply power. Keep INSERT held until you get a
    screen then enter the BIOS and reset the CPU settings.

    Assuming your AMD XP2400+ is a Model 8 then you should use...

    133Mhz FSB for CPU (266) and set ratio to autio.

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.

    www.epox.com

    Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
    BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

    troubleshooting newsgroups.

    EPoX Tech, Aug 11, 2004