A text version of Grab for window capture of text?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Salmon Egg, Jul 20, 2012.

  1. Salmon Egg

    Salmon Egg Guest

    I have found Apple's Grab to be very useful to capture screens of
    pictures and symbolic text to insert in other applications. For example,
    mathematical symbols such as integral signs, strange characters,
    diagrams, and the like can then be used in PowerPoint presentations
    without formatting concerns.

    I have run across some applications that I am almost certain use text
    format to display textual data on a screen. These applications do not
    have the ability to save or export the data to a readable file. EyeTV is
    one of these applications. It presents a list of television channel
    numbers, frequencies and other information.

    I would like to capture the entire window or all of the data in a file
    that I could plug into a spreadsheet. Is there an application to do
    that? If the application could add tab and line separators or the
    equivalent, transfer to a spreadsheet should be easy.

    --

    Sam

    Liberals are for Darwinism but totally against any selection.

    Salmon Egg, Jul 20, 2012

  2. I just did a quick search on 'ocr' over at http://www.macupdate.com and
    found a couple of things that might work for you.

    Mark Storkamp, Jul 20, 2012