    exclamation mark. Should I try yet another reinstall, or is there a
    generic driver? (it doesn't work on linux either, I've already checked
    ;) )

    acta_divina, Aug 23, 2006

  2. acta_divina

    acta_divina Guest

    acta_divina, Aug 23, 2006

  3. acta_divina

    Kevin Guest

    Why would you look for drivers for your Dell on the Gateway website? The
    audio driver for your B120 is located on the drivers page of the Dell
    Support website. It's the Sigmatel STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver. What
    is marked with the yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager?

    Kevin, Aug 23, 2006
  4. acta_divina

    acta_divina Guest

    Because I spent hours trying to find help on dell forums, and found on
    a google search that people were able to get their speakers working
    with a generic sigmatel driver. The original driver that dell provides,
    SUCKS. I download it, run it, and then get a "Object Device does not
    exist. Restart your computer and run this program again" error. And I
    did, six times. I felt like the blonde girl drowning on the bottom of
    the pool trying to smell the scratch n sniff sticker.

    http://a1.vox.com/6a00c2251daa4a604a00c22522d109604a-pi

    Is the error I get. Since I got the generic driver to install, it's
    identified. But now it doesn't run period once I rebooted it. I checked
    my bios, I've got a Sigmatel 9200 on the board, which SHOULD be
    compatible with the STAC 92XX version, so no idea what the hell is up
    with it.

    acta_divina, Aug 23, 2006
  5. acta_divina

    BigJim Guest

    you know there is a folder or was a folder on your hard drive with all the
    drivers in it.
    all you had to do was copy that entire folder to a cdrom and when you
    reinstall xp
    just look on that cdrom for the correct drivers. Of course I have only
    posted this info
    about 30 times. Sorry you didn't catch it/

    BigJim, Aug 23, 2006