    BIOS.

    What can I do to remedy this?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    DewTheNet, Apr 3, 2005

  2. DewTheNet

    Bob Knowlden Guest

    Bob Knowlden, Apr 3, 2005

  3. DewTheNet

    Egil Solberg Guest

    The Promise driver is probably too old.
    Try this one:

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/CONTROLLER/IDE/PROMISE/PDC20265/U1xx_v200_b39.zip

    It should support 48bit LBA

    Egil Solberg, Apr 3, 2005
  4. DewTheNet

    Bob Knowlden Guest

    Oops. Somehow the bit:

    didn't register. I believe that the BIOS for the Promise IDE controller is
    included with the mainboard BIOS update, so as you're already using the
    latest BIOS, you probably need newer Promise drivers.

    As another poster remarked, it must be the drivers for the

    Bob Knowlden, Apr 3, 2005
  5. It does, but one should really try to obtain a matching build 42/43
    driver. (I'd try the one for the original U133TX2 or the one for the
    Maxtor OEM cards.) Builds 29 through 39 were notorious for causing sound
    problems.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Apr 4, 2005