    BellNet: 479-634-2086
    InterNet:
    Web site: http://www.wildweasel.net

    Robert W. King, Jul 12, 2005

  2. I have this same problem with an A22m. Most often if occurs
    while playing video, but not always. One way to reduce file
    loss is to disable disk caching. The machine is long out of
    warranty, so I don't really have any hope of repairing it.
    Please post if you find a solution.

    Mike

    Michael Wileman, Jul 12, 2005

  3. Robert W. King

    JHEM Guest

    Sounds like it's overheating.

    Does the fan start on BOOT? Clean the fan with compressed air!

    Reseat the RAM, might be memory related.

    Open the unit up and slather a bit (just a bit!) of Arctic Silver between
    the fan and CPU.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Robert W. King

    Bill Guest

    I had this problem with an A21e. Turned out that the CPU fan had stopped
    working, just like James says, so the unit shut down when it overheated.

    IBM wanted to replace the whole mother board (nobody does repairs anymore,
    huh?), but I opened it up and hot-wired the fan to be always on. I got the
    power from an unused USB pad on the main board. Not recommended unless you
    have a fine-tipped soldering iron & you are very experienced with delicate
    soldering.

    Bill.

    Bill, Jul 26, 2005