    display to barf.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Paul

    Paul Fielding, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Paul Fielding

    JHEM Guest

    It was a coincidence. Your backlight is packing up to go home to it's maker.

    If you have a modicum of repair skill, you can change the backlight. But
    it's easier, albeit MUCH more expensive, to just swap in a new display.

    --
    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Sep 21, 2004

  3. I had that happen to my old Sony laptop. Turned out that the ribbon
    connector from the CPU to the flip screen was loosing a conductor
    (jillions of then in the ribbon). Bought a ribbon for $130, and
    semi-destroyed the plastic case to get it in. Worked OK for a year or
    more after. Sony eventually died of other causes.... screen was always
    fine afterwards.
    Skill needed to replace ribbon cable is considerable.

    Angelo Campanella

    Angelo Campanella, Sep 22, 2004