    If I'm careful, is this a problem I can live with?

    thanks.

    Chip

    Chip Orange, Aug 27, 2005

  2. I had (still have, idle now) an ancient lap-top that lost its catches
    long, long ago. For a while, I used a short length of duct tape as a
    short-strap holder. It's permanently stuck over about 3", and extends
    another 2"+ over the other side to be help when closed. Fold a small
    1/2" no-stick lap on the loose end of that duct tape strap end. It's
    good for a half-dozen closings when you must carry it around folded.

    As a long term "solution". I employed Velcro material (both male and
    female surfaces, perhaps found in a sewing materials store or auto
    supply store). I fashioned mating pads about 1/4" wide and an inch long
    under each of the two outer corners. That will hold it together nicely
    while folded. It survived and survived travel on many field trips to the
    boonies in my carry-all bag for raw data recovery from a remote monitor.

    This Velcro solution is a dignified "last hurrah" for our laptops!

    Angelo Campanella

    Angelo Campanella, Aug 28, 2005