    The system will be for gaming.

    TIA,
    Gerald

    cgmoore, Oct 7, 2005

  2. cgmoore

    Ed Light Guest

    You can use plain old pc3200 instead of low latency if you don't mind losing
    5% on performance.

    Yes, as you raise the clock, you lower the memory speed setting and it comes
    back up with the clock.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org

    Fight Spam:
    http://bluesecurity.com

    Ed Light, Oct 7, 2005

  3. cgmoore

    Flow Guest

    You have the correct impression.
    Now I opted for low latency ram on my k8n neo4 ultra board.
    2,2,2,5 and it runs very well.Overclocking at those latencies I get around
    6600 sisoft sandra memscore.
    This is with 222fsb on the memory at those latencies at 2.85volt.
    And i can relax the latencies to gain higher fsb on the memory.
    As I understand it the difference is with high speed ram you have the
    advantage with single calculations,but with multiple ones the low latency is
    better.
    It's like driving on the interstate or a crowded city.

    Flow, Oct 8, 2005