A6600GT not detected on Windows98

Discussion in 'MSI' started by OGT, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. OGT

    OGT Guest

    Hello,
    Recently I have rebuilt a new machine with old and new components (with dual
    boot system).
    Main board : MSI K8T-Neo2F
    Graphic board Leadtek Nvidia A6600GT

    Old operating system was Windows98 et new one Windows XP.
    The two systems worked fine during some weeks, but now under Windows 98 the
    graphic board is not detected, and the system start in VGA mode (800*600 16
    colors).
    I cannot re-install the graphic driver (from original CD) after removing it
    (if I force driver installation : error message : invalid board ID) since
    the only graphic card detected is VGA.
    There is no problem under XP, the correct card is detected, and works, so
    the card is not an issue.

    what is wrong under W98 ? device enumerator ?
    thank in advance for your help.

    Olivier

    OGT, Aug 25, 2006

  2. OGT

    pc games Guest

    Did you upgrade your RAM memory?
    How much RAM memory do you now have?

    I tried to upgrade my RAM to 1GB and 2GB but Win98 did
    exactly what you describe, stoped detecting my GPU and
    run only in 16 colors.

    I gave up upgrading my system to 2GB cause having Win98
    is more important to me and instead decided to settle
    with 1GB but even so I needed to edit the ini files to
    limit the memory to 512MB.

    pc games, Aug 26, 2006

  3. OGT

    OGT Guest

    My memory is only 512 MB and have not changed since the upgrade and during
    the period where W98 and GPU works fine.

    Olivier

    OGT, Aug 26, 2006