    shown 200 MHz Single Channel mode for my Ram.

    The Ram can do 400MHz and worked with dual channel too.
    Can it be that i choosed a wrong trigger in Bios setup?

    Wilhelm Kutting, Jul 11, 2006

  2. How many RAM hips? You need at least two, in the right slots, the manual
    says A1 and B1 (a black and a blue slot)

    And 200MHz is correct as DDR DoubleDataRate, ie. it functions on both the
    rising and the falling edge of the cycle..

    --
    Tumppi
    =================================

    Thomas Wendell, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Wilhelm Kutting

    Frodo Guest

    DDR "400MHz" true speed is 200MHz, DDR moves twice as many bits per cycle as
    the old SDRAM.
    Calling it 400MHz is just marketing hype.
    For dual channel you have to have matching Ram sticks.
    Check your motherboard manual for which slots to stick them in to get dual
    channel.

    Frodo, Jul 12, 2006
  4. If it displays 200MHZ Dual Channel at the startup screen this is
    normal, it'll be running at 400mhz in windows

    criticalimpact, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Wilhelm Kutting

    Kyle Guest

    | If it displays 200MHZ Dual Channel at the startup screen this is
    | normal, it'll be running at 400mhz in windows

    The mobo will be running its memory subsystem at 400 MHz no matter
    what operating system is installed if the BIOS displays 200 MHz Dual
    Channel on startup.

    Kyle, Jul 12, 2006