A7A266 rev.103 Athlon XP2200 upgrade ok!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by R2D2, May 23, 2004.

  1. R2D2

    R2D2 Guest

    Hi guys!!!

    I made an upgrade from Thunderbird 1333Mhz to T-bred 2200 on my A7A266
    rev.103 1012 Bios.

    After a day of BIOS tuning and B.S.O.D. problems, i got a totally
    stable system!!! 1.65V Vcore set / 3:4 CPUxMemory rate (I´m using
    PC133 SDRAM)

    My question is about AMD CPUinfo that show my system running at
    2020MHz...
    Sandra Pro shows a good performance: 7679MIPS Dhrystone ALU

    Anyone could explain me how I can´t change the CPU multiplier or CPU
    frequency without hang the system? I set at 13x and 100/133 and works
    flawlessly! The boot recognizes XP 2000+ processor.

    Thanxs!!!

    R2D2, May 23, 2004