    motherboard whitout doing any hardware solutions ( whires ,etc)
    the make of processr the name and nr (like this athlon xp throubred b 2100+)

    thx for the help

    cobra, Jun 23, 2003

  2. cobra

    Hawkeye Guest

    1 can somebody tel me where i can find de rev of my motherboard,dont now
    Directly over the battery where it says A7M266

    Athlon XP 2100+ Palomino is what you need if you want the fastest
    usable without wire mods and the such.

    2100+ Tbred will not boot system.

    ASUS P4T533 mobo
    Intel P4 2.8 GHz 533MHz
    ASUS V8460 Ultra GeForce 4 Ti 4600
    1024 Samsung 32-Bit RIMM 4200 1066MHz RAMBUS
    RD1-8X Bios Savior
    Enermax EG465P-VE FMA 430W PSU
    Creative Labs Audigy 2
    Sony DRU-500AX DVD+-RW
    TDK VeloCD 48X16X48X CD-RW
    TOSHIBA SD-M1612 DVD
    Seagate 80GB 7200RPM
    Seagate 120GB 7200RPM
    WD 60GB 5400RPM
    WD 40GB 5400RPM
    Promise ULTRA 133 TX2 Controller
    Dlink DFE530TX+ PCI nic
    Motorola Surfboard SB3100 cable modem
    Linksys BEFSR41 router
    Windows XP Home SP1
    Direct X 9.0

    Hawkeye, Jun 24, 2003

  3. cobra

    Ron Miller Guest

    This question has been popping up a lot here recently. The answer is
    2100+ but _NOT_ the 2100+ Thoroughbred you mention. You'll have to
    use a 2100+ with the older Palomino core, and they're very scarce
    these days. Newegg.com doesn't list them any longer, but you might
    find one on eBay. If you install a 2100+ Thoroughbred, the computer
    probably won't even POST. If it does, it almost surely will be
    unstable and crash-prone. The 2100+ Palomino upgrade, however, is
    very easy and predictable.

    Regarding the rev., almost all A7M266's were rev 1.04. Does the rev.
    matter for upgrading the CPU? I don't think it does, but I'm not
    positive.

    Ron

    Ron Miller, Jun 24, 2003
  4. cobra

    Peter Dean Guest

    I think you need ver 1.07 to go much over 1700?

    Peter Dean, Jun 28, 2003