    my question is are there settings i have to do , voltage slew rate etc
    please somebody help me

    thx in advance stefaan

    cobra, Jul 9, 2003

  2. cobra

    Hawkeye Guest

    Try setting S2K SLEW RATE CONTROL to 1 with 1200 installed then switch
    to the 2100+

    I do have to wonder tho if you actually have a model 6 palomino core
    2100+ and not a model 8 Tbred core. 2100+ Palomino are not being
    sold anymore, and its been some time since they have been.

    ASUS P4T533 mobo
    Intel P4 2.8 GHz 533MHz
    ASUS V8460 Ultra GeForce 4 Ti 4600
    1024 Samsung 32-Bit RIMM 4200 1066MHz RAMBUS
    RD1-8X Bios Savior
    Enermax EG465P-VE FMA 430W PSU
    Creative Labs Audigy 2
    Sony DRU-500AX DVD+-RW
    TDK VeloCD 48X16X48X CD-RW
    TOSHIBA SD-M1612 DVD
    Seagate 80GB 7200RPM
    Seagate 120GB 7200RPM
    WD 60GB 5400RPM
    WD 40GB 5400RPM
    Promise ULTRA 133 TX2 Controller
    Dlink DFE530TX+ PCI nic
    Motorola Surfboard SB3100 cable modem
    Linksys BEFSR41 router
    Windows XP Home SP1
    Direct X 9.0

    Hawkeye, Jul 9, 2003

  3. cobra

    Ron Miller Guest

    This advice is absolutely correct, but I should tell you my
    experience. I planned the upgrade for a few months. I had every
    detail written down. But when it came time to make the switch, I was
    so concerned with the difficulties of switching the HSF without
    removing the motherboard that I forgot to change the slew rate to 1 in
    advance. What an idiot! Guess what. The 2100+ Palomino booted right
    up, anyway. I simply entered Setup and changed it from 3 to 1 after
    the upgrade. No problems whatsoever.
    I wonder what the difference was between my system and Stefaan's
    Ron

    Ron Miller, Jul 10, 2003
  4. cobra

    Barry Guest

    I want to upgrade my A7m266 from Athlon 1.4 to whatever is possible, I
    cannot get any answers from contacting ASUS. Can anyone advise me of a
    knowledge source where I can find out what is possible and what I have to
    do, how do I find out about "Slew Rate"?.
    Regards
    Barry

    Barry, Jul 10, 2003
  5. cobra

    Barry Guest

    Thanks that looks to be the sort of thing I need!
    Barry

    Barry, Jul 10, 2003
  6. cobra

    cobra Guest

    you where right
    checkt the nr on the processor and its a model 8
    the schop sold me the wrong one

    thx for the replays
    you helpt me a lot

    cobra, Jul 11, 2003