    of their bios revisions mentioned fixing any hd problems, I flashed the
    bios anyway, but I had no luck. I have googled and found nothing on this
    topic. A moderated asus board doesn't happen to exist, does it?

    mrw, Nov 29, 2003

  2. mrw

    BoB Guest

    BoB, Nov 29, 2003

  3. mrw

    Rob Stow Guest

    That link is for the A7V266 series, not the A7N266.
    Ie., it is for Via chipset boards, not nForce.

    There does not appear to be a corresponding article for
    the A7N266 boards.

    FWIW, I use a Promise Ultra133 card because I
    could not get my A7N266-VM board to see all of a
    200 GB WD drive. It identified the drive as being
    127 MB. The BIOS version didn't make any difference
    for me either.

    Note also that in order to be able to boot from a drive
    attached to that Promise card, I had to disable the
    IDE controllers on the motherboard.

    Rob Stow, Nov 29, 2003
  4. mrw

    BoB Guest

    You are right but the same applies, I saw a chart from asus posted a while
    back, anything with a 5,6 or 7 th gen bios in that era supports larger hd's!

    BoB, Nov 29, 2003
  5. mrw

    Tone-EQ Guest

    Does anyone happen to know a hard drive size limit for the Asus a7n266? I
    Check this page for the answer:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx

    --
    Regards,
    Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

    Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
    http://www.discogs.com

    Asus A7N8X Deluxe (Revision 1.04, BIOS 1006)
    AMD AthlonXP 2400+ @ 2800+ (TBred-B, 13.5 x 166, 1.7VCore)
    1Gb (2 x 512) Samsung PC3200 400Mhz DDR RAM Dual Channel
    (M368L6423DTM/CC400)

    Tone-EQ, Nov 29, 2003