    let me know.
    thanks,
    levittd

    levittd, Jan 30, 2004

  2. levittd

    David Guest

    It *might* It is best to match the ram when going dual channel but if your
    gonna run dual channel 2100 i'd say it would most likely work. When you try
    things like dual channel 2700 and 3200 it becomes a lot more picky.

    David, Jan 30, 2004

  3. levittd

    Kyle Brant Guest

    I suggest you manually set the sdram timings if the "auto" setting
    results in errors. The timings should be setup for the slowest stick
    of sdram. I have used pc2100/pc2700 mix in my a7n8x/dlx in dual
    channel mode w/o problems, but I setup the timings manually, and had
    to relax some settings for the slower sdram.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    | Hi
    |
    | I have an Asus A7N8X with 1-256Mb pc2700 ddr and 1-512Mb pc2700 ddr.
    Could I

    Kyle Brant, Jan 30, 2004
  4. levittd

    DaveW Guest

    No you can't. For dual channel you have to use TWO, not three, sticks of
    IDENTICAL MATCHED dual channel DDR RAM. Yours is not matched or identical.

    DaveW, Jan 31, 2004
  5. levittd

    David Guest

    You can run 2 x 256 in one channel and 1 x 512 in the other on some (if not
    all) dual channel boards.

    David, Jan 31, 2004
  6. levittd

    levittd Guest

    Even if one of the 256s is pc2100 and one is pc2700?

    levittd

    levittd, Feb 2, 2004
  7. levittd

    BigFNDeal Guest

    What I believe will happen is you will have dual-channel, but it will all
    run @ the lowest speed of any single chip. So in your case, all would run @
    2100.

    BigFNDeal, Feb 3, 2004
  8. levittd

    David Guest

    Your asking for more and more trouble the more you mismatch the ram, but yes
    it could work.

    Keep in mind the speed rating on the ram is its MAX speed (without
    overclocking it), it can run at a lower speed (And usually with lower memory
    timings).

    David, Feb 3, 2004