    So to anyone who is relying on the probe utility but seeing instability,
    keep in mind that (from my experience anyway) you should also probably check
    the BIOS and make sure that both stay in the 50's or lower.

    Al Funk, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Al Funk

    Alan Wright Guest

    This is not true. If the chip does not run fine at 85C you can return it
    for warranty replacement. Most chips will, of course, run fine a higher
    temps. If you overclock your max temp will decrease. The BIOS
    (some versions) and ASUS probe show values from different sensors
    (the only one that matters is the on-chip diode).
    MBM5 will show all sensor values.

    Alan

    Alan Wright, Nov 2, 2003