A7N8X and Promise FastTrak TX4310 - Hangs after POST !?!??!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by damc4, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. damc4

    damc4 Guest

    Hi,

    I just tried to install the Promise Fasttrak TX4310 Raid Controller on
    the A7N8X board with a RAID1 HDD system and run into problems.

    When I connect the HDDs to the Promise Controller the Bios stopped
    booting after POST.

    Without HDDs on the Promise Controller, but still the Promise
    controller plugs into the PCI slot, the Bios boots fine from the
    primary master IDE-HDD, as it should be.

    When I connect the HDDs to the Promise controller during Windows XP is
    booting I can
    access the HDDs within Windows without problems ....

    So for me it looks like that the Bios wants (probably) boot from the
    Promise controller and hangs there... but I have no idea what the cause
    is ..

    Any help or ideas whould be really appreciated.

    Best Regards,

    damc4

    damc4, Aug 28, 2006

  2. damc4

    saturnlee Guest

    I don't whether it is the same for your card , but my promise ultra 66
    refuses to boot 80GB western digital HD if the jumper is master. i have
    to set it to single in order to boot.

    saturnlee, Aug 30, 2006

  3. damc4

    chinman

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I got the same problem

    Damc4,

    I have the same problem with my Promise Fasttrak TX4310 but I have an Asus SK8v motherboard. Did you ever get a resolution? Also my motherboard has a Promise Fasttrak 378 raid on board. If I have both enabled, it will also stop after the post. If you get a resolution, please let me know. I'm considering returning the card. Thanks.

    Chinman

    chinman, Sep 20, 2006