    Chinese-Indonesian MA Club http://www.eharrishome.com/cimac/

    The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
    Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.

    Erik Harris, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Erik Harris

    Tony Cue Guest

    What's the functional difference between these two boards? Before the
    Athlon
    I don't believe there is any difference now. The slightly newer -X and -VM
    models lack dual channel memory support, and probably loads of other
    extras...

    Yes 1.04 boards were released to the public (UK anyway), but I'm not paying
    that much for 200Mhx FSB processor to find out if it works or not!
    --
    Regards,
    Tony. (Remove Q to reply via e-mail)

    "Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call if you're unable to
    speak?"
    Agent Smith, The Matrix...

    Asus A7N8X Deluxe (Revision 1.04, BIOS 1002A)
    AMD AthlonXP 2400+ @ 2800+ (TBred-B, 13.5 x 166, 1.7VCore)

    Tony Cue, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Erik Harris

    Erik Harris Guest

    That's comforting, so long as it remains true. It appears that BIOS updates
    are coming for the new revision more quickly than for the old ones, but as
    long as the old revisions eventually keep up, those of us with 1.04 and 1.06
    boards should be fine for as long as the current Athlon XP architectures are
    in use.
    I was asking about pre-1.04 boards. I've not heard of anyone who has a 1.03
    board (or earlier), though the BIOS for the older ones specifically says it's
    for 1.03, 1.04, and 1.06 boards. The 1.03 boards apparently do NOT support
    the newer processors, based on the Asus compatibility chart. Does anyone
    actually have a 1.03 board though?

    --
    Erik Harris n$wsr$ader@$harrishom$.com
    AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

    Erik Harris, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Erik Harris

    Tony Cue Guest

    I was asking about pre-1.04 boards. I've not heard of anyone who has a
    1.03
    I never heard of anyone owning one. Perhaps they were "test versions" that
    were possibly given to people to review? Who knows...

    Tony Cue, Jun 28, 2003