    I found that bios 1003 will not allow disabling of "Spread Spectrum" and
    with 1005 it allows it. I guess there are alot more differences in the
    versions than what Asus lists.

    me, Jul 4, 2003

  2. me

    stanmc Guest

    How much extra computing performance will we get if we disable Spread
    Spectrum?

    stanmc, Jul 10, 2003

  3. me

    bp Guest

    Better question:
    What the heck is Spread Spectrum?

    bp, Jul 10, 2003
  4. me

    edde Guest

    FSB Spread Spectrum varies the FSB speed by set amount (.50% or 1.0%).
    Before this bios, it was stuck at .50%, so my cpu speed would vary by +/-
    ..50% at every boot. Sometimes it would 2090mhz, sometimes 2075mhz.
    From what I understand this is done because of EMF interference or
    something.
    However, for stability, and sometimes performance, it's best to keep this
    disabled.

    edde, Jul 10, 2003