    Zorro Guest

    Please, what's the difference ?
    What are the respective functions ?

    Zorro, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Zorro

    Egil Solberg Guest

    Zorro wrote:
    > Please, what's the difference ?
    > What are the respective functions ?

    APIC
    http://www.rojakpot.com/showFreeBOG.aspx?Lang=0&bogno=47

    ACPI
    -is the successor to APM (advanced power management). It manages
    standby-events and power saving. In Win2K and XP ACPI issues a halt command
    to the cpu, making it use as little power as possible, while not affecting
    performance (someone might oppose, but generally there is no difference)

    Generally you want both of these options enabled.

    Egil Solberg, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Zorro

    Zorro Guest

    Thanks for the reply.