    Went into bios and found Cpu external frequency had reset back to 100Mhz.
    Reset it to 166, rebooted.....
    everything ok again.

    KB, Jan 28, 2004

  2. KB

    KB Guest

    Found the ansewr on the Asus site.

    Whenever I re-install the CPU on A7N8X system, there is a warning message
    saying the CPU has been changed. Why?

    This is a normal situation because our BIOS will redetect CPU status
    whenever the CPU is re-installed. What you have to do is to go into the BIOS
    menu, set up the CPU frequency and CPU multiplier according to the CPU you
    are using. The message will not show up again until you have re-installed
    your CPU again.

    KB, Jan 28, 2004

  3. KB

    Ed Guest