    there something else I need to do to activate it?

    Thanks,
    Ric

    Ric, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Ric

    Ben Pope Guest

    Both of those setups are Dual Channel.

    What speed you running your RAM at and is that Synch with the FSB?

    I get 2431/2301 at 166MHz, which looks to me like you're running 133MHz.

    My timings are 5-2-2-2.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Ric

    Doug Ramage Guest

    Currently, Sandra states 2656/2537 at 180Mhz, running in sync with FSB.
    IIRC, dual channel gives me about an extra 5%. Timings are 8-3-3-2.5.

    Doug Ramage, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Ric

    Ben Pope Guest

    The manual states (in a roundabout way), that you need a Dimm in slot 3, and
    any other Dimm slot populated.

    Both configurations you mentioned should be Dual Channel.
    Seems low. Try it at 7.
    What about Cas Latency?
    Probably.

    Ben