    What can I do with these? I'm novice in computers.

    Please help.

    Thank you

    Lulu Johnny, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Lulu Johnny

    rstlne Guest

    If you get another computer you can use it to network the 2 computers
    together...

    rstlne, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Lulu Johnny

    Lulu Johnny Guest

    So I can use a cable to connect my laptop to this computer?

    I insert the network cable in laptop and then in NVIDIA networks adapter? It
    is correctly?

    Lulu Johnny, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Lulu Johnny

    rstlne Guest

    I insert the network cable in laptop and then in NVIDIA networks adapter?
    It
    Yes, You need what's called a cross over cable
    you'll connect one end o fhte cable to the pc and the other end to your
    laptop
    but you would then need to set both computers up to use this

    rstlne, Jun 23, 2003
  5. Lulu Johnny

    The Cybrow Guest

    It just means that you have two LAN ports. Typically, a motherboard
    will have a single LAN port. Before motherboards came with these
    built-in, an ethernet PCI card was used to provide this port.
    The NVIDIA network adaptor can be used in the same way as you
    are using the 3Com adapter. You can use either one to connect to a
    switch/hub/router or in your case a modem. If you have more than one
    computer they can communicate using these ports to send information
    back and forth and share an internet connection.

    You can use the the following link to take you to a page covering
    these ideas in greater detail.
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/home-network.htm

    The IEEE1394 or firewire adapter is generally used to connect your PC
    to such things as digital camcorders, external hard drives, or video
    capture devices. It can also be used to network computers.

    The Cybrow, Jun 24, 2003
  6. Lulu Johnny

    Lulu Johnny Guest

    Thank you all of you for your help.