    Still, neither front panel connector works.

    I've done it all again myself. Still doesn't work . . .

    Based on the printing on the tiny sockets they're wired as follows:

    #1 +5v red
    #1 -D white
    #1 +D green
    #1 ground brown

    #2 +5 orange
    #2 -D yellow
    #2 +D gray
    #2 ground purple

    unused ground blue & black wires
    [the SX635BII manual says there are only 8 wires but there are 9 or 10
    depending on how you count this double]

    Here's info from the Device Manager:

    Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Device: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    Resource:
    IRQ: [00000021]
    MEM: [EC080000 - EC080FFF]
    Device Drivers:

    Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Device: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    Resource:
    IRQ: [00000020]
    MEM: [EC083000 - EC083FFF]
    Device Drivers:

    Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Device: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    Resource:
    IRQ: [00000021]
    MEM: [EC086000 - EC0860FF]
    Device Drivers:

    Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Device: USB Root Hub
    No resources used.
    Device Drivers:

    Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Device: USB Root Hub
    No resources used.
    Device Drivers:

    Class: Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Device: USB Root Hub
    No resources used.
    Device Drivers:

    I assume the cable is wired wrong. But, both channels?

    Anybody else had this problem?

    jim

    jim

    jim evans, Jan 11, 2004

  2. jim evans

    MM Guest

    What are you trying to plug into the front ports to test with??

    I have the same MB as you and pretty much the same case, I have the SX835II.

    All of my USB devices except my USB 2.0 MP3 player worked when using the
    front ports. I called Antec and they are sending me a new set of front ports
    for the case that are USB 2.0 compatible.

    To test and see if the header on the MB for the front ports are working,
    plug the USB expansion bracket that came with your motherboard in and test.
    If nothing still works then your USB header on the board could be bad.

    MM, Jan 11, 2004

  3. jim evans

    jim evans Guest

    I've tried a couple of different gadgets (one is a ZIO SmartMedia card reader),
    both of which worked on my previous USB 1.1 ports.

    But, I didn't know the front connectors don't support USB 2. Does the internal
    header support USB 2?

    Do you know why one port is called a "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host
    Controller" and the other two are called "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller?"
    I guess I'm going to have to do that, but I hate those tiny connectors so bad I
    leaving it as a last resort.

    jim

    jim evans, Jan 11, 2004
  4. jim evans

    Rob Guest

    The design used on the A7N8X Deluxe has 2 controllers to handle USB1.1
    and 1 Enhanced controller to handle USB 2.X requirements. Further
    exploration in Device Manager should show 3 "USB Root Hubs", 2 of which
    have 3 ports each assigned to them and 1 which has all 6 (USB 2.X) ports
    assigned to it. If you have any USB 2 devices attached they should show
    up on one of the 6 ports there, otherwise they will only show up in one
    of the other Hubs. All 6 should work with 2.0 devices but I've heard
    some folks have had problems with some of the Antec cases. If you do as
    Jim suggested that should let you know if its the board or the ports.

    Rob

    Rob, Jan 11, 2004
  5. jim evans

    Paul Guest

    This is a long shot, but do you have a jumper installed in one of the
    two possible positions, on the USBPWR_56 three pin header ? That header
    determines which of the two supplies, either +5V or +5VSB is used to
    power the +5V leads on the USB56 header, and with the jumper missing
    on the USBPWR_56 header, no power would be going to USB56.

    There is at least one poster who visited here, who was missing USBPWR
    jumpers for some reason.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 11, 2004