    overclocking?

    Thanks

    Bazis

    Bazis, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Bazis

    KB Guest

    If you know what the diffs are then apart from those all the rest should be
    the same.

    KB, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Bazis

    Ben Pope Guest

    That's one of the best answers I've ever seen :p

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Bazis

    KB Guest

    True........
    I did think after I wrote it.
    Anyway, as far as I know the rest of the specs are the same.

    KB, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Bazis

    Harry Guest

    Newegg does not offer the deluxe anymore.
    Only the -E version.

    Harry, Jan 28, 2004
  6. Bazis

    James J. Guest

    Depending on if you are going to do any hardcore overclocking, you might not
    want the new "E" version. A new review by www.hardocp.com seems to think it
    wasn't much of an overclocker compared to the original deluxe version. Part
    of the conclusion from the review is written below....

    From HARDOCP
    "Now is the point where I'll lose most of our readers. You may find yourself
    asking where our overclocking results are and I'll be glad to tell you:
    There are none. For an undetermined reason, this board did not take kindly
    to overclocking at all. I refuse to dismiss the potential of this board
    (ASUS continues to cater to the overclocking crowd), but am sad to report
    that even a 215FSB was not in the plans. Very relaxed memory, all the
    voltage available, and all the luck I could muster or steal didn't change
    anything. I wouldn't use my results as your sole decision factor, but this
    was my experience nonetheless."

    Oderwise, the "E" version seems pretty good. Just installed one on the
    weekend for a friend and seems to work fine but then we weren't doing any
    serious overclocking other than the usual Barton 2500+ switched from 166fsb
    to 200fsb for a 3200+ free upgrade (grin). One thing I did notice though is
    that the newer board seemed to benchmark slightly faster than my deluxe 2.0
    version. Not sure why but it wasn't a huge difference. Certainly nothing
    you would notice other than in a benchmark.

    Good Luck in yer quest!

    James :cool:

    James J., Jan 29, 2004
  7. Bazis

    Gary Tait Guest

    The E has RAID (not sure if it applies to SATA, EIDE, or both), WI-FI
    option, AC3 encoder.Gigabit LAN

    Gary Tait, Jan 29, 2004