    minutes.

    Anybody else seen this problem?

    jim

    jim evans, Jan 16, 2004

  2. jim evans

    KB Guest

    I had it happen on another board but it was 1 hour ahead

    KB, Jan 16, 2004

  3. jim evans

    Dan Dan Guest

    I apologise for the vagueness of this post but I had a similar problem
    with the same board. Unfortunately I've forgotten the details of how I
    fixed it. In my case it was gaining a couple of minutes an hour. In
    some ways that was an advantage because I could use a stopwatch after
    every fix that I tried to see if the fix had worked. A minute every
    two days is more difficult to measure. Also, in my case the clock was
    ok when the PC was turned off so I think it must have been a Win XP
    problem.

    What I did was to use the newsgroup search on Google and I came up
    with a number of potential solutions, all of which I tried.. The one
    that I think fixed it involved stopping and starting a service on Win
    XP, a reboot and I think there may have been a registry edit involved.
    I didn't understand at the time why it worked but it did. The other
    thing I seem to remember (and I may be wrong) is that the problem
    often happens if you install a new motherboard without installing a
    fresh copy of Win XP. If that's your case and you've tried everything
    else then it may be worth creating a new temporary boot partition and
    installing Win XP on that to see if that makes a difference.

    I'm afraid you have a few hours with Google in front of you and no
    guarantee that you'll find a solution because in your case, with that
    small timing error, it may be a gammy clock chip.. Sorry I can't
    remember specifics!

    Dan

    Dan Dan, Jan 16, 2004
  4. jim evans

    Wazza Guest

    The other option is to set the clock to automatically syncronise with an
    internet time server.

    Understanding Computers
    2A Eastleigh Loop, Currumbine,
    West Australia. 6028