    the n-force 2 ?

    Thanks,
    Christoph

    Christoph Scheibe, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Christoph Scheibe

    johndevoy Guest

    None of them work theyre all bollocks, if your pc needs extra help at idle
    then something is wrong.

    johndevoy, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Christoph Scheibe

    Leon Loewe Guest

    Ah, "bollocks" - a true expert there...

    FYI - they do work, maybe not on all boards but that's a different
    story.
    Well there are still a coule of reasons why you would want to run
    such a program even if your system doesn't NEED it.
    First it can help you to conserve energy - not a bad thing, might even
    save you a few bucks over the year. Also if you have temperature
    controlled fans you can reduce the amount of noise while running non CPU
    intensive tasks (office, browsing, etc).

    FWIIW the Alpha version of VCool does work on some nforce 2 chipsets -
    not sure about the A7N8X though.

    LL

    Leon Loewe, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Hi ,

    the PC is in my sleeping room and the fans are all temerature
    controlled . My system is not to hot (CPU between 50 and 56
    and MB temperature between 30 and 34 ) ...only the noise of the
    fans are terriblly ....so you are right :) .....and sorry for my
    bad english :)

    Thanks,
    Christoph

    Christoph Scheibe, Jun 26, 2003
  5. Christoph Scheibe

    Ed Guest

    I tried the Alpha version on my v2.00 non-dlx A7N8X, idle temps didn't
    change at all. I use VCool (on my via chipset systems) for the exact
    reasons you stated.

    Ed

    Ed, Jun 26, 2003