A7N8X Deluxe Rev2: BIOS error: System was not correctly shut down.... working in safe mode speed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by user, Apr 4, 2004.

  1. user

    user Guest

    RAM: OCZ 1GB PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Edition
    A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.
    Barton 2500+
    ATI AIW 9700

    I was running my mobo with a Barton 2500+ oc'ed at 200 FSBx10 for 2 months
    with no problems, recently I played with a multiple different settings (ram
    timings as well). Some were successful e.g. 210 FSB x10 etc. but agressive
    timings 2-2-2-8 did not really work out (as might be expected)

    I started having the following problem:

    When I start the system the following BIOS error appears:
    The system was not correctly shut down and now running in safe mode speed,
    please press "del" to bios setup table to set correct CPU speed.

    The safe mode speed mentioned is 100 MHz.

    Whatever I do in the BIOS setup, does not change the result. I always end up
    here and can't go any further. What is interesting is, this happened a
    couple more times in recent couple of days but playing with BIOS, power off,
    power on, etc. etc. luckily it would start working. Windows XP would start
    and I would even play Unreal Tournament 2004 with no problems. I am telling
    this to rule out any memory or CPU damages I might have caused (is this good
    enough a reason to rule them out??? )

    Anyway, I have no idea what the problem is. The only thing i can think of is
    the RMA the motherboard, if possible of course. But then again, tonight is
    the game night in Ottawa and this computer is also my TV :((

    What the hell is wrong with this computer??

    user, Apr 4, 2004

  2. user

    Joe Gilmore Guest

    Might try resetting the bios.

    Joe Gilmore, Apr 4, 2004

  3. user

    user Guest

    the only way to do this is to :
    Alt+F2 which triggers AWD Flash something.
    But i have to be able to boot to write the bios (which is on my hard disk)
    to the flooppy, but .the computer does not boot so i guess i will need to
    find another computer with a floopy drive and internet :)

    user, Apr 4, 2004