A7N8X Deluxe rev2 PWR_TEMP Header and MBM5 temp sensors

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Gordon Scott, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Gordon Scott

    Gordon Scott Guest

    Hi
    A couple things

    I am trying to understand what 2 of the sensors are
    hooked up to in the temperature monitoring.
    Specifically sensor 4 (mine reads 25c constantly) and sensor 5 (reads
    approx 53-55c fluctuates) and it seems it might be the HDD sensor, but
    the HDD isn't/cant be that hot. The system is extremely well ventilated.

    Also, I have hooked up a cputemp sensor (spare from a thermaltake HSF) to
    the board at the pwr_temp header.
    Where/how can I setup/read this info thru MBM?
    The lead I have isnt long enough to reach the PSU, so I have it fitted in
    my RAM, hoping to monitor the RAM temp.

    thx

    Gordon
    email appreciatted remove NOSPAM

    Gordon Scott, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Gordon Scott

    Walt Guest

    What I did, was to go into BIOS and write down the temp values
    BIOS reports for all sensors, including the pwr_temp sensor (which
    you might need to enable in BIOS first).

    I then boot and open up MBM. I go through each of the sensors
    found by MBM and note the values given for those. I match up
    the numbers between BIOS and MBM, and set the text descriptions
    in MBM to the appropriate name.

    Just note that MBM sometimes lists the same sensor more than once,
    possibly due to having two different ways of accessing it, and sometimes
    lists sensors that aren't actually connected to anything (the sensor
    chip has registers with garbage values because the MB designer didn't
    connect it up to anything).

    Walt, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Gordon Scott

    D R Tester Guest