    in some forum said that this will work properly only if the BIOS is up to
    1008 (revision 2) or 1009 (earlier revisions).

    Is this true? TIA...

    JonnyCab®, Feb 28, 2005

  2. JonnyCab®

    dino Guest

    I do not know if I would want to...I have read of lot's of grief putting
    SATA DVDRW's and CDRW's on some of the older SATA controllers.

    dino, Feb 28, 2005

  3. JonnyCab®

    JonnyCab® Guest

    I do not know if I would want to...I have read of lot's of grief putting
    That's what I keep telling myself, and I've heard that, but I'm ordering
    either the Pioneer DVR-109 or one of the two (IDE or SATA) Plextor PX-716
    drives, and I'd LOVE to get rid of IDE when I also get a new hard drive.

    I know that the 1008 BIOS was supposed to update the SATA controller, so I'd
    like to know if anyone has tried an optical drive with this
    board---especially the PX-716SA.

    JonnyCab®, Feb 28, 2005
  4. JonnyCab®

    dino Guest

    dino, Feb 28, 2005
  5. JonnyCab®

    Dr Teeth Guest

    The Asus site says that it only gives Semperon support.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    Dr Teeth, Mar 5, 2005
  6. JonnyCab®

    Pete Maclean Guest

    I have been trying, without success, to get a PX-716SA working with an A8V
    Deluxe MB. It is proving tough to determine whether the SATA controllers do
    not support optical devices or the SATA interface on the Plextor is broken.

    Pete Maclean, Mar 7, 2005
  7. JonnyCab®

    FG Guest

    The A7N8X-E Deluxe's SATA does not support optical drives,
    according to the manual. It may be the same with your version.

    FG, Mar 8, 2005
  8. JonnyCab®

    jroc Guest

    Here is a excellent forum....that might be able to find you a solution...I use
    the Liteon Forum...since i have LiteOn DVDRW 1673

    http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43
    "De Oppresso Liber"
    From Oppression Liberate

    jroc® 7th Special Forces Ft.Bragg N.C 18/Bravo
    ****only thing easy in life is failure****
    *******so get tough*******

    jroc, Mar 8, 2005
  9. JonnyCab®

    FG Guest

    I deleted my message, but what I intended to write was that

    my A7N8X-E Deluxe's manual states that the SATA controller is not compatible
    with optical drives. It may be the same for A7M8X Deluxe.

    FG, Mar 8, 2005
  10. JonnyCab®

    Pete Maclean Guest

    Hmm. I have been through my ASUS manual and manuals specific to the
    controllers (which I had overlooked before) and I can find no mention of
    optical drives at all.

    Pete Maclean, Mar 8, 2005