  1. Nitrof

    Nitrof Guest

    There must be a setting in the BIOS to make SATA first drive.

    Nitrof, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Nitrof

    Rob Guest

    Do any of the other drives have a bootable copy of Windows on them? The
    BIOS will go to the SATA drive first but when Windows tries to
    initialize it will see 2 or more active & bootable disks and get
    confused/corrupted. Also, many of the PCI-IDE adapters out there are
    identified as SCSI, which can add to the confusion. I believe you said
    the PC booted OK with just the SATA Drive so leave out the IDE drive
    that you previously booted from and see if that gets things right. If
    so, you can fdisk and format the drive separately and all should be well.

    Rob

    Rob, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Nitrof

    Jim Oravec Guest

    I installed win2k pro on 1 of 2 120 GB SATA drives.But when I reconnect my 2
    IDE hd on secondary
    and have bios set to boot SCSI only, the computer fails to boot my SATA
    Win2k.(It would boot IDE HD or CD-Rom if bios set.)

    Problem: when I removed the IDE's to boot back on the SATA again, Computer
    failed to boot, saying please insert bootable disc and hit return or
    something similiar.Had to actually reinstall Win2k.(Initial startup screen
    shows SATA Drives are still seen by BIOS.) Don't want to go through that
    again.

    Ideally I need to have SATA as Drive C:/ with Win2 (like it is now) in a
    non-raid setup, with the second SATA as Drive D:/ for video editing only and
    my other 5 IDE's (Some on a PCI adapter) to follow behind them, used for
    storage.

    Any pointers greatly appreciated.

    Jimmy Martin

    Jim Oravec, Feb 7, 2004