    Windows Vista RC1 and would like to be able to access the drives attached to
    the controller.

    Any helpful hints much appreciated!

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Peter van der Goes

    JM Guest

    I had the same problem and eventually found success by getting the drivers
    directly from the Silicon Image website -- the installer for the drivers
    from Asus would not work properly under Vista.

    Hope that helps!

    JM, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I went to the SI web site and downloaded the
    drivers that claim Vista (x86) compatibility. RC1, however, appears not to
    recognize them. It's entirely possible that I, either, downloaded the wrong
    drivers, or did not follow the proper steps to install them.

    If your success was with Vista RC1, could you be a bit more specific about
    which drivers from SI's long list of offerings you used, and how you
    installed them.

    FWIW, I have Vista RC1 installed on a PATA drive, thus did not need the
    drivers to install RC1. I have data drives attached to the SIL3112A, so need
    to install drivers after the fact to access the extra storage.

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Please ignore! I found the correct drivers and they installed.
    Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 12, 2006