    Memory: 512MB PC-2700 (Crucial)
    Hard Drive: MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80.0 GB

    !---m('o')m---!

    !---m\('o'\)m---!, Oct 25, 2003

  2. If you're running XP your first port of call should be the Control
    Panel, open up System Properties and under Startup and Recovery select
    Settings. Untick the Automatically Restart tickbox under System
    failure. Then OK all the way back out and next time the problem occurs
    you'll get an error screen rather than a reboot.

    Andrew

    --
    · ICQ: 5690939
    · MSN:

    Something wrong, man? You look a little whiter than usual. My computer,
    it... You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake
    or still dreaming? Mmm, all the time. It's called Mescaline. It's the
    only way to fly. Hey, it just sounds to me like you need to unplug, man.
    You know, get some R and R. What do you think, DuJour? Should we take
    him with us? Definitely. I can't, I have work tomorrow. Come on, It'll
    be fun. I promise. - Choi, Neo and DuJour, The Matrix

    Andrew Bowers, Oct 25, 2003

  3. !---m\('o'\)m---!

    Turner Guest

    I had the same problem and finally found that it was the Crucial memory. I
    replaced it with Corsair and have not had anymore problems.

    Turner, Oct 26, 2003
  4. !---m\('o'\)m---!

    Paul Guest

    Get memtest86 from memtest86.com. The program will install a single file
    on a floppy, which is sufficient to boot the machine and run the
    program. Memtest86 is clever, in that it tests the whole memory, and
    moves itself out of the way, to test the memory it normally occupies.
    If you can run the test overnight without any errors being detected,
    then your memory is probably good enough to use.

    You should also check and make sure that the memory clock and the
    FSB are running at the same frequency. This could be a setting like
    100% or sync in the BIOS, for memory clock.

    You might also want to check the Event Log or set up the machine
    to give a BSOD, rather than instantly rebooting. Check to see which
    routine you are crashing in. If it is always the video driver, then
    there could be a problem with AGP/video. If the routines are random,
    then it could be memory.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Memtest86 showed no errors after running all night.

    I'll turn off the Automatic Restart to see where the problem is occurring
    at.

    How can I tell what is failing from the BSOD data?

    !---m('o')m---!

    !---m\('o'\)m---!, Oct 27, 2003
  6. !---m\('o'\)m---!

    F.N Guest

    F.N, Oct 27, 2003
  7. !---m\('o'\)m---!

    T1025 Guest

    I had similar issues with my A7N8X-D v2.0 rebooting and eventually traced it
    to the v1007 of the bios. I now am running very stable under v1006 of the
    bios. I'm not sure why it didn't like the new bios but I'm happy to running
    smoothly again.

    Regards,
    Tom

    T1025, Oct 28, 2003

    Arnie Berger Guest

    Don't forget to also check your power supply. Video processors, such
    as the one you have draw more current in full graphics mode then they
    do when they're idling, you might have a marginal power supply that is
    collapsing and causing the reboot. That's what happened to me with the
    same video card.

    arnie

    Arnie Berger, Oct 30, 2003