    that much more Horse Power just to run?
    TIA
    Bitsbucket

    Bitsbucket, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Bitsbucket

    Bill Guest

    I have the same set up as yours, PC Mark 2000 gives CPU score of 6828, MEM at 5963
    Sandra 2004:
    CPU arithmetic :
    Dhrystone 8359
    Whetstone3457

    Memory 3027/2828

    Mine is Mushkin 512 x 2 (1&3) set at Agressive

    Post your result and we can compare notes.

    Bill, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Bitsbucket

    Bitsbucket Guest

    Where can I get PC Mark 2000? also I have Sisoft Sandra 2003 not the '04
    version
    I also have not set my timings to "agressive" I did not think it would, or
    could, make that much difference, but I shall set it to agressive and
    see.....Then I'll post my SSandra 2003 scores.
    Thanks,.
    Bitsbucket

    Bitsbucket, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Bitsbucket

    Bill Guest

    Bill, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Bitsbucket

    markjen Guest

    I think you need to give us some numbers, not simply say that it isn't
    "snappy".

    - Mark

    markjen, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Bitsbucket

    Bitsbucket Guest

    OK here is what Sisoft Sandra reports (version 2003)

    Cpu Arithmetic Benchmark:
    Dhrystone..........8215
    Whetstone..........3313

    CPU multimedia Benchmark:
    Interger aEMMX/aSSE...........12197 it/s
    Float aSSE....................12826 it/s

    Memory Bandwidth Benchmark
    Ram Bandwidth Int Buff aEMMX/aSSE..........3040 MB/s
    Ram Bandwith Float Buff aEMMX/aSSE.........2839 MB/s
    Tell me what you think....

    Bitsbucket, Nov 17, 2003
  7. Bitsbucket

    Ed Guest

    I score about the same with pc3200 @ 200MHz, 6-3-2-2 timings.
    A7N8X v2.00 non-dlx bios 1004, nvidia 2.45 drivers, WinXP Pro.
    Ed

    Ed, Nov 17, 2003
  8. Bitsbucket

    OverKlocker Guest

    what chipset drivers are you using? what type of stuff is in your
    system tray (backgroung tasks)? is it a good PSU or a generic one?
    also, when you reboot, does it get a little better? have you gone in
    and disabled any of the krap services (the ones that no one
    uses...LOL)? what programs are showing up in 'msconfig' (startup tab)?
    what bios?

    sounds close to my system, and mine has some good snap. i run mainly
    norton anti-virus in the background. i also used the 'black viper' and
    MaximumPC tweaks to turn off some of krap services that winXP has
    started.

    System Specs:
    Asus A7N8X2.0 (1004 Uber bios)
    2500+ @3200+ (2.24 Ghz) 203 fsb (still playing with it)
    Thermalright SLK-800(A) (with AS3 and 80mm Denki fan)
    1Gb Corsair pc3200 CL2 (2 sticks, with platnium heat spreaders)
    Radeon 9700 Pro retail w/Aluminum ram sinks
    80gig WD SE 7200rpm (XP Home SP1)
    Optorite dd0203 DVD burner
    Artec 52x24x52 cdrw
    Lian-Li pc10 (with window and light mod)
    550W Antec True Power PSU
    Phoebe v.92 pci modem
    onboard sound
    onboard nic