A7N8X-Dlx: Mixing 333Mhz and 400Mhz CPU and RAM

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Eyman, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Eyman

    Eyman Guest

    Hi,

    Ive got a A7N8X Deluxe PCB 2.0 board with bios 1007.

    Im currently running a 333Mhz T-Bred cored 2600+ with 2 x 512Mb Kingmax
    PC2700 (333Mhz) RAM in dual channel mode. The system is fine and very
    stable.

    I plan to purchase a 400Mhz Barton based 3200+ and some Corsair PC3200 RAM.
    Due to financial constraints I cant buy these at the same time together, and
    it may be a month or two till I have both together running in the system.

    I was wondering if it would be ok to use the following in the mean time till
    I have both components:

    - new 3200+ @ 400Mhz with old PC2700 RAM @ 333Mhz, or
    - old 2600+ @333Mhz with new PC3200 RAM @ 400Mhz.

    Ive read here that its recommended to run the CPU and RAM in sync, ie at the
    same speed but would like to hear peoples experiences.

    Thanks in advance

    Eyman

    Eyman, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Eyman

    g r ruppert Guest

    It should be fine, I am using my 2200+ which is 333 MHz, along with my 2700
    RAM, along with another 2100 RAM chip. My computer is as stable as stable
    can be.

    g r ruppert, Jan 2, 2004

  3. For reasons similar to those you give, I have two sticks of PC3200 RAM
    running happily (at full speed) with an old 1800+.

    Peter R. Fletcher, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Eyman

    NewUser001 Guest

    get two sticks of pc 4000 ram and overclock the fsb to your hearts content
    =---

    NewUser001, Jan 2, 2004