A7n8x Dlx set-up...

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Max Spiller, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Max Spiller

    Max Spiller Guest

    I really hesitate to ask this question as it seems to come up over and
    over - but if there is a patient person out there I would appreciate
    some hand-holding.

    I have just built a new box comprising:

    A7n8x Deluxe board v.2.0
    2 x 256Mb DDR PC2700 (333MHz) Cas 2.5 DDR SDRAM
    Athlon XP 2600+ (333Mhz BUS)
    80Gb Maxtor ATA-133 HDD
    V7100Pro 64MB AGP GeForce2 MX 400 .

    It all went together beautifully and is running smoothly and, I think,
    fast. I changed no jumpers, just left the defaults.

    I would really appreciate knowing however whether it is running
    optimally or whether it can do even better (without any overclocking).

    These are the settings it shows:

    Asus ACPI BIOS Rev 1005
    Memory frequency: 166 Mhz dual channel mode
    Main processor: AMD Athlon XP 1250Mhz
    CPU External Frequency: 100 Mhz
    CPU Frequency Multiple Setting: Auto
    x CPU Frequency Multiple Setting: 12.5x
    System Performance: Optimal
    Memory Frequency: By SPD
    Resulting Frequency: 166 Mhz

    Any suggestions would be so welcome....

    Max

    Max Spiller, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Max Spiller

    Greg R Guest

    CPU External Frequency should be 166 not 100.
    Memory Frequency: should be 100% not By SPD since this is a 333 2600+ and PC
    2700 DDR (333) you want then to run at the same frequency.

    Greg R, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Max Spiller

    jvc23 Guest

    It is not running optimally. You need to change CPU External frequency to
    166mhz and leave the multiple to auto. Your CPU is way underclocked right
    now at your current settings. You shoud also set your Memory Frequency to
    100% and not SPD. If you do these two things at a minimum, it will help
    you out alot.

    JVC

    jvc23, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Max Spiller

    Max Spiller Guest

    Guys, I really appreciate that...only problem is that in Memory
    Frequency I only have two choices: By SPD and Auto - there is no 100%
    choice.

    Does this sound like a BIOS update needed....or is Auto good enough?

    Max

    Max Spiller, Jun 26, 2003
  5. Max Spiller

    Max S Guest

    GOT it!

    Witchy, thanks so much for that...I am purring.

    Max

    Max S, Jun 26, 2003
  6. Max Spiller

    Witchy Guest